Dear St. Mary's Family,
Our time for thinking about the many blessing given to us from
Heavenly Father is here! How wonderful it was to hear the children
express thankfululness for so much in their lives as they spoke in
church at our Thanksgiving Mass!
Please remember to save the date for our Advent Family Prayer Service
on December 4 at 6:30 in the evening in the cafeteria to join your St.
Mary's Family for an Advent Family Prayer Night. We will have a time
for family reflection and prayer as we begin the Liturgical Season of
December 5th the band has prepared a wonderful Christmas Concert so be
sure to join us at 6:30!
As we enter this time of Thanksgiving please know how grateful I am
for each and everyone of you! I thank God at each remembrance of you.
The primary role of St. Mary’s Catholic School is the continuous formation of our students through a Catholic program of education committed to a standard of excellence.
We help students to develop their spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical abilities within a community dedicated to living the gospel.
In cooperation with the family, we help students to form character, so they will accept responsibility to fulfill their personal potential and learn to share their gifts through love for all.
Rooted in Tradition: Educating for the Future
St Mary’s Catholic School is to prepare students to excel in High School, as well as to shine as a light for Christ in the world by using their unique God given potential, doing all in the spirit of our Blessed Mother.
Philosophy of Education of St. Mary’s Catholic School:
We believe that each child is loved by God and uniquely created for a sublime purpose. Therefore, we must help our students to love God and neighbor with a whole heart; to think, judge, and act with right reason; and to use their education to better embrace Catholic teachings and the example of Christ.
To accomplish this aim, the school strives to create a Christian atmosphere of care and concern in which all children may grow toward their full potential spiritually, morally, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically. The very nature of the child requires a coordinated education, which is the product of a cooperative effort by home, church, and school. It is through this harmonious partnership that the aim of Catholic education is achieved.
We believe that the “effective Catholic School must call its pupils to the conviction that people are more important than material gain, that justice is more important than success, that love is more important than esteem, and that collaboration unites while competition divides. The truly successful Catholic School student is not necessarily one who is successful in every endeavor, but one who accepts Christian responsibility for fulfillment of personal potential and shares these gifts with others.” (Texas Catholic Conference Education Department)
Goals of Catholic Education:
· The school promotes a community of believers and active learners in the spirit of Jesus Christ to become responsible citizens in today’s society.
· The school provides instructional leadership and maintains an effective and efficient program of studies.
· The purpose, design, and implementation of the curriculum represent the school mission that is shared by teachers, parents, and students.
Why choose Catholic schools?
· The Catholic school climate, mission, and purpose positively impact student achievement and attendance (Bryk, Lee, & Holland, 1993).
· A faith-based orientation builds coherence and integration of schools and school community (Bryk, Lee, & Holland, 1993).
· Students demonstrate higher academic achievement in Catholic schools (Coleman, Hoffer, & Kilgore, 1982; Sander, 1996).
· Graduates of Catholic high schools are more likely to vote and earn higher wages (Dee, 2005; Neal, 1997).
· Catholic schools tend to produce graduates who are more civically engaged, more tolerant of diverse views, and more committed to service as adults (Campbell, 2001; Wolf, Greene, Kleitz, & Thalhammer, 2001).
· Call the school to make an appointment to take a tour today!