Lady Falcons Volleyball
Code of Conduct
Asst Coach, Alex Beaver
- Head Coach, Nita Bigon (254)760-7061
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 4:00-5:15
- Practice Times:
- Behavior: Your child will be held to the same high standards of behavior that is expected of them at school. This will be expected during practice and games. Expectations include, but are not limited to the following:
- Show great Christian sportsmanship.
- Come with a positive attitude! Leave your problems at the door!
- Do not talk or bounce ball when the coach is giving instructions.
- Treat each other with respect.
- Keep grades up.
- Work as a Team.
- Pay Attention and Listen during all Drills.
- Respect opponents.
- Do not talk back to the officials.
- Come to all practices.
- Work hard in practices and in games.
- Never give up.
- Stay positive during each game and in practice.
- No complaining or eye rolling.
- Respect everyone and listen to coach.
- No Cursing or use of Negatively.
- Do not take corrections personally.
“DO NOT TAKE THINGS PERSONAL!”
- Always be dressed and ready to practice (5) minutes before the actual starting time.
- Practices are to be taken very seriously
- Our team is considered a family and each member should respect each other as people:
-we will not tolerate selfishness
-will not tolerate harassing or making fun of another player
-will not and cannot have jealousy or individualism on this team, but in the same respect I do want you to be confident.
- Dress Code-practice
- When arriving and leaving practice, make sure that you are dressed appropriately.
- Must be in practice gear every day. Includes knee pads, and shoes
- Proper practice attitude- Be coachable, listen, concentrate, discipline yourself “to do the little things”.
- Conduct- On court, off court, and at school. You are expected to act like a young woman and to conduct yourself properly at all times.
- Academic responsibilities- Must have passing grades and must also put forth maximum effort.
- Attitudes toward each other- any player responsible for jealousy, individualism, or negative criticism, or anything that could destroy the morale of this team will be dealt with immediately.
- Under no circumstances will you ever show disrespect to a coach in this program. Attitude is Important.
- When a coach is speaking to you, or correcting you, it is very important that your head is up, and your eyes are looking at him.
- Don’t give excuses for your mistakes-CORRECT THEM
- Lack of intensity or hustle will lead to consequences (running or push ups)
DAY OF GAME ROUTINE
1.Mental preparation-do not wait until 30 minutes before game time to get ready. (Be visual)
2.Pregame- be on time
DURING THE GAME DISCIPLINE
1.Never complain about officiating, never show disrespect to another school
2.Never yell at teammates
3.Focus on the floor or bench, not in the stands
4.No finger pointing, trash talking, gestures to the fans, etc. will be tolerated you can be pulled from the game.
5.Bench conduct- full attention is on the game.
6.Everyone’s attention is in the huddle during timeouts.
- I will always represent St. Mary’s and MYSELF in a positive manner, both on and off the volleyball court.
- I will always play hard and compete to do my best, but I will remember that it is a game that I am playing and will always show good sportsmanship toward members of the opposing team.
- I will be on time for all practices! I WILL LISTEN ATTENTIVELY AND GIVE 100% EFFORT AT ALL TIMES. Sometimes, just doing that little extra can make the biggest difference. Being disciplined can make the difference between success and failure.
- Practices are required for all team members. Coach Bigon should be notified about all absences.
- THE COACH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISMISS ANY STUDENT FROM PRACTICE FOR NOT ADHERING TO ANY OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.
- THE COACH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PULL YOUR CHILD FROM A GAME OR HAVE THEM SIT OUT DURING A GAME FOR NOT ADHERING TO ANY OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.
- Being part of any team is special. I will always put the team first, ahead of my own desires. Because I know that if the team is successful, I am successful. There is no “i” in team.
I have read and will/want to follow these team rules!